Welcome to The Latter-day Saint Organist's Resource Blog

The purpose of this blog is to help pianists learn to become true organists. Many individuals believe that if you play the piano you can play the organ, but the instruments differ greatly. While this blog is specifically geared towards members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, much of the information shared can be utilized by all. I hope that the information I share here will help you become an effective organist in your ward, stake, or other congregation.

Feel free to browse and search this blog. It was started in January 2010 and while new posts aren't added very often, this blog contains a wealth of information and is a wonderful resource for all organists. If you're a new reader, you can find the first lesson here: Before We Begin: Acquiring the Essentials. Also, please "like" the corresponding facebook page, which is updated more often. A link is provided on the right sidebar, or you can click here.

Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Help me spread the word!

Thank you so much for the kind words some of you have shared. I am so glad this site is helping so many of you! I love reading about each of you. Your comments really make my day.

If this blog has helped you, please help me spread the word! There are so many people out there who are struggling to play the organ.

I've created an image that can be uploaded to a photo processing center and printed as a 4x6 print, then cut into fourths:

Promo cards

As you can see, the design is very simple and straightforward. It simply states the name, URL, and slogan of the website, along with the header picture.

For me, at $0.13 a print, each card comes to just over three cents. If you'd like to print some yourself, just follow the above link, right click and save the file to your computer. Then it can be uploaded to the photo center of your choice. I'm planning on leaving a small stack on each organ in my stake.

If you'd like me to email you the full-resolution file, please contact me at ldsorganistblog(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll be happy to attach the file. If for some reason you absolutely need hard copies and a soft copy won't work, also include your mailing address and I can send you a few, within reason.

This blog also has a facebook page, linked in the right sidebar. Please feel free to "like" this page and share it with your friends.

Thank you so much for helping spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment